Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2012.010.021
Object Name Print, Photographic
Title Jarvis Hall and the Colorado School of Mines
Date c. 1873
Description Black and white photograph of a line drawing of Jarvis Hall when at its first location in Golden, CO. Jarvis Hall (on the left) was built by Episcopal Bishop George Randall on 12 acres of land donated by Charles Welch. Essentially, it was a liberal arts school. Randall convinced the Territorial Leglislature to fund a a building for a school of mines (on the right) on the same property. Mathews Hall, not shown, was to the left of Jarvis Hall.
Copyright All rights belong to Golden History Museums, City of Golden without restriction.
Collection Permanent-Ed and Nancy Bathke
Credit line Golden History Museums, City of Golden, Ed and Nancy Bathke Collection
Caption Jarvis Hall and School of Mines, Golden, Colorado
People Jarvis, George A.
Randall, Bishop George
Search Terms Colorado School of Mines
Jarvis Hall