Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2012.066.009
Object Name Print, Photographic
Title Koch Ranch house
Date 1946
Description Black and white photograph of the Koch Ranch house in Crawford Gulch off Golden Gate Canyon. This photograph was taken shortly after a devastating flood in 1946. Electricity was brought to the house in early 1957. A spring located about 30 feet outside of the back door provided water for the house. Buckets were dipped into the spring and carried inside. Running water was added in the 1960s. A major addition was added in the 1970s by William "Bill" Koch, the youngest son of owners Gus and Belle. Another addition was added in the late 1990s by Charles and Mary Ramstetter who currently own the ranch.
Copyright All rights belong to Golden History Museums, City of Golden without restriction.
Collection Permanent
Caption Koch Ranch house
People Koch (Bengson), Isabella
Koch, August A.
Koch, William
Ramstetter (Acers), Mary
Ramstetter, Charles
Search Terms Clear Creek History Park
Golden Gate Canyon
Golden Gate Canyon Families