Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2011.099.367
Object Name Print, Photographic
Title Eight-Mile House Stage Stop
Date c. 1918
Description Black and white photograph of Eight Mile House (also called the Half-Way House) located in Golden Gate Canyon. Once a busy stage stop on the toll road from Golden to Central City, this was also home of Henry and Matilda Ramstetter. Originally built in 1868, it was torn down in 1962.
Copyright All rights belong to Golden History Museums, City of Golden without restriction.
Collection Permanent
Credit line Golden History Museums, City of Golden Collection
Caption Eight-Mile House close-up
People Ramstetter (Koch), Matilda
Ramstetter, Henry Sr.
Search Terms Eight Mile House
Golden Gate Canyon Families
Ramstetter Family