|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Title||Koenig Mercantile Plaque|
|Date||June 11, 1940|
Black and white photograph of the historical designation plaque on the Koenig Mercantile Building located at 1122 Washington Avenue in Golden, Colorado. Plaque recognizes the building as one of three locations where the legislature met with Golden was the Territorial Capital of Colorado. It also recognizes the city being named for Tom Golden. The plaque is seen mounted on the outside of the building to the right of a window. The window has a display of several tins of Monarch Tea.
Plaque still remains on the building although it was relocated at an unknown time. It's now located on the south side of the building currently known at the Old Capital Grill restaurant.
|Copyright||All rights belong to Golden History Museums, City of Golden without restriction.|
|Caption||Koenig Mercantile Plaque|
Golden Mercantile Company
Koenig Mercantile Company
Mount Lookout Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution