Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2008.010.022
Object Name Negative, Sheet Film
Title Sheriff Wermuth and Patrol with New 1959 Edsel Fleet
Date 1959
Description Black and white photograph viewing south of the new fleet of Edsel Patrol cars for the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department in 1959. Standing far left in light colored suit and Stetson hat is Sheriff Arthur Wermuth, and standing next to him wearing the dark suit and Stetson hat is Undersheriff Lou Holley. The building shown in the photograph is the Jefferson County Courthouse. This photograph shows the main entrance to the Courthouse that faced west toward the campus of the Colorado School of Mines. It was built in 1954 on property once used as a city park. Pioneer Park was sold to the County by the City of Golden for one dollar in order to build the Courthouse, and eventually a Hall of Justice and Sheriff's Office and Jail. This photograph was taken on the former site of Pioneer Park.
Copyright All rights belong to Golden History Museums, City of Golden without restriction.
Collection Permanent-Dennis L. Potter
Credit line Golden History Museums, City of Golden, Dennis L. Potter Collection
Caption Sheriff Wermuth and Patrol with New 1959 Edsel Fleet
People Holley, Lou
Wermuth, Arthur
Search Terms Colorado School of Mines
Jefferson County Commissioners
Jefferson County Courthouse
Jefferson County Sheriffs Department
Judges
Pioneer Park